Morton Golf Management provides an invaluable community resource to facilitate and manage all the necessary arrangements associated with your facility golf events. Our golf tournament planning services are designed to make easy the marketing, administration and logistical tasks that are traditionally viewed as daunting to potential tournament clients. The Morton Golf Management process tracks each tournament responsibility and simplifies the process- allowing our clients and their respective golf committees to strictly focus on promoting a successful golf event.
Pace of Play “Ready Golf”
The position as a Player Assistant is an integral part of the golf experience at the Morton Golf courses. As a member of the Player Assistant team, they have the opportunity to spend more individual time with a guest than any other Morton Golf staff member; therefore it is very important that this team continuously strives to achieve and surpass the level of customer service envisioned by Morton Golf and expected by our guests. Our guests are deserving of the most courteous and efficient service we are capable of providing. Our goal is to offer guests a first class golf experiences and pace-of-play efforts are essential if we’re to deliver on that promise. Genuine, helpful, and friendly attitude and performance will ensure our success.
Morton Golf has developed a proprietary 30-page procedure manual to minimize golf groups falling out of time with the groups in front of them and with detailed scripts and instructions to maximize the enjoyment of our golf facilities.
The Morton Golf “Successful Tournament Process”
Step 1 – Book the Event
- Fill out the Morton Golf Tournament Contract, review the Morton Golf Tournament Policies with the client, have the client sign the contract and file the contract
- Hand out and review the Morton Golf Successful Tournament Sheet
- Create an Event Name & report used to track the tournaments expenses
- Reserve the tournament in the Total E, confirm date, course, times, # of players
- Reserve the “Catered” or “Resourced” events on the F&B Calendar, confirm date, resources, time
- Add tournament to the Tournament Calendar & Outlook to be contacted 35 days prior
Step 2 – Plan the Event (at least 35 days in advance)
- Contact the event to plan over the phone or in person, confirm date, course, times, pavilion, # of players, etc… Listen to the tournament coordinator to give the event a theme and make it special.
- Use the Morton Golf Tournament Contract to record plan for:
- Set-Up – Registration, Carts, Range Balls, Cart Signs, Format Sheet, Scorecards, etc…
- On Course – Special Course Set Up, Long Drive, Closest to holes, Sponsors, Volunteers, etc…
- Post Golf – Awards, Presentations, Raffle, Auction, Sound System, Scoring, etc..
- F&B – Menu, Meals, Roving Carts, Bars, Location, Room Layout, Sound System, Etc…
Step 3 – Coordinate the Haggin Oaks Team (14 Days in advance)
- Bring F&B Manager the following (14 days out)
- F&B Invoice & Floor Layout Sheet
- Receive final player counts (14 days out)
- Set up tee sheet to optimize tournament experience and revenues
- Conduct Weekly Tournament Team Meeting, including:
- Pre Meeting with tournament teamto discuss Captain Roles
- F&B, Range, Carts, Pro Shop, Player Assistants, Course Maintenance, Volunteers, Retail
- Hand out Tournament Calendar to each group at meeting
Step 4 – Collect Final Information and prepare for Tournament Day
- Collect final names and prepare cart signs, score cards, scoreboards, Format Sheet
- Create Volunteer Assignments for tournament day
Step 5 – Conduct the Event
- Greet the event with a big warm smile
- Tournament Director to be available to the tournament at all times, check in with each department to ensure the plan is being executed, make announcements and coordinate the event as needed, to collect final payments before event starts, set up credit card tab for additional expenses, Clean Up
Step 6 – After Tournament Follow Through
- Audit tournament account to ensure balance is zero
- Send Thank You Letter, ask for feedback, and rebook event for the next year